Rise Awards 2021 Terms & Conditions
OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION.
1. Eligibility: To be eligible to enter the Promotion, the person entering the Promotion (“Entrant”) must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. All Nominees for the “RISE Officer” and “RISE Agency” awards must be sworn or retired US Law Enforcement personnel, 18 years of age or older, and a legal resident of the United States or Canada at the time of entry to qualify for the individual award or, in the case of an Agency Nominee, a US or Canadian Law Enforcement agency to qualify for an agency award.
Employees, officers and directors of Axon Enterprise. (“Axon”), and their respective parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, suppliers, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their families, and persons living in the same household as such employees, officers and directors are not eligible to participate. Entries that are incomplete, illegible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules are void and will be disqualified.
Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. HOW TO ENTER: From 12:01 AM PST July 12, 2021 to 11:59 PM PST September 1, 2021 (the "Nomination Period"), Axon will conduct a sweepstakes. Participants must enter via the ‘Nomination’ page on the Axon website. To enter complete the nomination application.
Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason are void. Sponsors are not responsible for misdirected, inaccurate, incomplete, lost, late, delayed, undelivered, damaged or illegible entries, and all such entries will be void. Sponsors are also not responsible for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, or other errors or problems which may occur in connection with or relating to the Promotion, whether computer, network, technical, mechanical, typographical, printing, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the announcement of the prizes, in any Promotion-related materials or that may limit prize fulfillment or a participant's ability to enter the Promotion. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify or prematurely conclude the Promotion should any computer virus, malfunction, fraud, tampering, unauthorized intervention or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Promotion. If the Promotion is cancelled, Sponsors may, in their sole discretion, judge all eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedures outlined below to determine the Winners. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the Entrant ineligible and Sponsors reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant (and void his/her entry) who attempts to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion by tampering with any Website mechanism, acts in a disruptive manner or violates these Official Rules. Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be in violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorneys' fees) from any such person(s) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
By submitting photo(s), video(s), or testimonial(s) you grant the Sponsors, their licensees, successors and assigns a royalty-free license to use, reproduce, modify, edit, publish, distribute, and otherwise exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to that information at their sole discretion, including storing it on the Sponsors’ servers and incorporating it in other works in any media now known or later developed including without limitation to published materials. You understand that the photographs, videos, and testimonials may be used in a publication, print ad, direct-mail piece, electronic media (e.g., video, CD-ROM, Internet/www), or other form of promotion. You understand that the images may be altered and you understand that the Sponsors may, at their discretion, edit your testimonial for spelling, grammar, or wording when necessary. You waive the right to approve of any finished product. You understand that submitting photos, videos, and/or testimonials is not a guarantee that they will be used or published. By submitting your testimonial you represent and warrant that your statements are factually correct and represent your true opinion and experience as stated, that you are not disclosing any non-public information, and that you have the legal right to grant these rights and to submit any photos, videos or testimonials. You release the Sponsors, their employees, agents, and designees from liability for any violation of any personal or proprietary right, including any claims of infringement, unfair competition, breach of implied contract, defamation, breach of privacy, or breach of confidentiality, and you expressly waive any moral rights you may have in the entry submission that you may have in connection with the Sponsor’s use. Your submission of a photo or video is your guarantee that you are the owner of the photo or video. If you do not wish to grant the Sponsors these rights, then do not submit an entry or information to this Promotion.
3. WINNER NOTIFICATION: All entries will be compiled at the end of the Nomination Period, and community voting will commence from September 2, 2021 through September 17, 2021. The top 10 finalists in each category will then be reviewed by an independent panel of judges selected by Axon for this award program. The judges will choose a total of 5 winners from Eligible entrees and Nominees; 1 for RISE Agency, 1 for RISE Community, and 3 for RISE Officer. The Winners will be notified within approximately 7 days of the end of the Judging Period by e-mail address provided on the submission. The Winners must also meet all eligibility requirements. The Winners may each be required to provide proof of identity, address and birth date, as well as, execute and return an affidavit of eligibility within 3 days of date of issuance either via email, facsimile or US registered mail in order to claim the prize. If any potential Winner fails to do so or if: (i) any prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Winner declines the prize, or (iii) a potential Winner is determined to be ineligible for any reason, then the potential Winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsors' sole discretion, a runner-up will be notified.
4. PRIZES: A total of 5 prize packages will be awarded; three individual Winners for the “Officer” category will receive complimentary airfare and hotel stay for Axon's Accelerate 2021 conference in Scottsdale, Arizona. One individual winner for “Agency” category will win a $7,500 Axon Grant to go towards a community project or police non-profit as outlined in the nomination form. One individual winner for “Community” category will win a $7,500 Axon Grant towards the community organization funding.
Limit 1 prize package per Winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use Winners’ names, city, state, likeness, biographical information, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without compensation of any kind or nature.
All prizes are subject to availability. Odds of winning a prize depend on the nature, quality and number of eligible entries received. If, in Axon’s sole discretion, a prize (or a portion of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, then a prize (or a portion of a prize) of equal or greater retail value will be awarded instead. All taxes, license and registration fees, and all other expenses associated with the acceptance and/or use of a prize awarded, whether or not specifically included in the applicable prize descriptions, are the sole responsibility of the Winners. Winners are advised to seek counsel regarding tax liability associated with their respective prize. No substitution of prize by a Winner is permitted. Prizes are not transferable (unless otherwise approved in advance by Axon) and the non-monetary portion of a prize may not be redeemed for cash.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By entering this Promotion, all Entrants and Nominees: (i) agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsors and judges which are final and binding in all matters; (ii) grant Sponsors and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residence, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or permission, for the purpose of advertising and publicity in any and all media, now or after known, throughout the world in perpetuity; and (iii) acknowledge and agree that Axon will own and administer 100% of the copyright in all entries submitted, with the perpetual right to use the entries. Axon will own the entries submitted (including the entry and all rights embodied therein). In addition, Entrants forever waive and relinquish all so-called "moral rights ("droit moral")" now or hereafter recognized. Sponsors expressly disclaim any responsibility and all Entrants and Nominees agree to release, indemnify and hold Sponsors harmless for liability, damages or claims for injury or loss to any person or property (including death) relating to, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, participation in this Promotion, the acceptance and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded, claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy. Sponsors are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from the downloading of any material from the websites, regardless of whether the material was prepared by Sponsors or a third party, and regardless of whether the material is connected to the websites by a hypertext link. Sponsors further assume no liability either for the cancellation, modification or premature conclusion of the Promotion for any reason or through the acts or defaults of any company or person providing any prize. All such losses or expenses must be borne by the affected participants, Entrants and/or the Winners.
6. SPONSORS: This Promotion is sponsored by Axon.
I am submitting this Winner Declaration of Eligibility and Release of Liability (“Declaration”) to Axon with the understanding it will be relied on to confirm my eligibility to receive a $7,500 Axon grant, or a free trip to the 2021 Axon Accelerate conference in Scottsdale.
I affirm and represent that I have read, understood, and agree to be bound to the Official Rules of the Promotion (shown above.) I further affirm and represent that I have complied with all the Official Rules of the Promotion. I state that I have not committed any fraud or deception in entering the Promotion or in claiming any prize. I further represent that I am not an ineligible person or a current employee or member of the immediate family or household of any of the ineligible persons set forth in the Official Rules, nor am I connected with such persons or entities in any way.
I understand I am solely responsible for all applicable taxes, including without limitation, federal, state, and local income taxes on any prize that may be awarded to me. I further understand that if required by law, Sponsor will report the value of the prize to the Internal Revenue Service as additional income to me and I will be issued a 1099-MISC, Miscellaneous Income Form for the tax year in which I receive the prize. I understand that no substitution, in whole or in part, will be allowed for any prize, and that prize(s) are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash in whole or in part.
I represent and warrant that I understand and I, and on behalf of myself and my heirs, successors, assigns, executors, administrators, representatives and any others who may take by or through me voluntarily agree to assume the risks, both ordinary and extraordinary, associated with the prize, and participation in the Promotion and/or prize related activities. I acknowledge that neither the Sponsor(s), Promoter(s), the Judge, nor their agents have arranged for or carry any insurance of any kind for my benefit or that of my heirs, executors or administrators relative to my use of the prize; and that I am solely responsible for obtaining and paying for any insurance relative to the use or misuse of the prize and participation in the Promotion and/or prize related activities.
I, on behalf of myself, my heirs, successors, assigns, executors, administrators, representatives and any others who may take by or through me, and release, and agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor(s), Promoter(s), the Judge, their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, contractors and agents (“Released Parties”), from and against, any and all alleged and actual claims and causes of action whatsoever I may have, or which may arise by or through a third party, against any of them for any loss and liability for any matter, cause or thing whatsoever, including but not limited to any personal injury, bodily injury (including but not limited to wrongful death or disability), property damage, or loss or damage of any other kind (including reasonable attorneys’ fees), whether direct, compensatory, incidental or consequential, arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize from the Promotion, my participation in the Promotion or prize related activity, and any loss, destruction, delay, interruption or cancellation of all or any portion of a prize for any reason, including without limitation strikes, boycotts, war, acts of God, labor troubles, riots, delays of commercial carriers, restraints of public authority or for any other reason, similar or dissimilar, beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor(s).
I FURTHER UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ALL RIGHTS UNDER SECTION 1542 OF THE CIVIL CODE OF CALIFORNIA AND ANY SIMILAR LAW OF ANY STATE OR TERRITORY OF THE UNITED STATES ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY WAIVED. SECTION 1542 READS AS FOLLOWS:
1542. CERTAIN CLAIMS NOT AFFECTED BY A GENERAL RELEASE. A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.
As a condition of receiving the prize, I agree that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, claims and causes of action arising, connected with or relating in whole or in part to the subject matter of this Release are governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Delaware without respect to conflict of law doctrines and any disputes will be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Maricopa County, Arizona having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will I be permitted to obtain awards for and I hereby waive all of my rights to claim punitive, special, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than my actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Promotion), and I further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. In the event any one or more of the provisions contained in this Declaration is, for any reason, determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, the invalidity, illegality or unenforceability will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Any invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision will be deemed severed from this Declaration only to the extent of its invalidity, illegality or unenforceability, and this Declaration will be construed and enforced as if it did not contain the stricken provision.
I agree to return to the Sponsor(s) any prize that may be awarded to me if any statement made by me is or proves to be false, or if I do not abide by the Official Rules and any terms or conditions prescribed by the Sponsor(s). I agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Sponsor(s), Promoter(s), the Judge, and their employees, agents and representatives harmless from and against all fines, penalties, suits, claims, costs, liabilities, losses, expenses and damages arising directly or indirectly as a result of the falsity of any of the statements made by me in this Declaration.
I represent and warrant that I am of at least 18 years of age, that I have read or have had read to me each and every word of this Declaration prior to its execution and am fully familiar with the contents. The terms of this Declaration are binding on me, my heirs, successors, assigns, executors, administrators, representatives and any others who may take by or through me.
I HAVE READ, FULLY UNDERSTAND, AND ON BEHALF OF MYSELF AND MY HEIRS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS, REPRESENTATIVES AND ANY OTHERS WHO MAY TAKE BY OR THROUGH ME, AGREE TO BE BOUND TO ALL OF THE TERMS ABOVE.